Mounting MSR1 onto the CMM
CAUTION: The MSR1 rack is not crash-protected. It is recommended that the rack is mounted outside or close to the edge of the working volume of the CMM.
Two mounting options are available for the MSR1 - CMM table mounted and wall mounted.
Mounting MSR1 onto a CMM table
To mount MSR1 onto your CMM table, carry out the following procedure:
- Place the base over a threaded insert at the desired location on the CMM table and screw down using the M8 or M10 bolt supplied.
- Screw the leg a few turns into the M10 nut located in the underside of the rack extrusion. Slide the rack along to the centre or other location, as required, and tighten by hand.
- Push the lower end of the leg firmly into the base and rotate the rack to the required orientation. Tighten the grubscrews using the hexagonal key supplied.
Mounting MSR1 onto a wall
To mount MSR1 onto a wall, carry out the following procedure:
- Fix the wall mounting bracket (supplied) in the desired location using the holes or other secure means.
- Locate the rack on the bracket and secure by engaging the M10 bolt (supplied) a few turns into the M10 nut located in the underside of the rack extrusion. Slide the rack along until it is centralised or otherwise located as required and tighten the bolt.