Calais Port expansion stays on course using Renishaw lidar system
For years, Calais' port infrastructure has been running at full capacity, creating an urgent need to expand seaward. Following consultation in 2015, the Nord Pas de Calais Regional Council awarded the contract to expand the port to a consortium of specialists.
To carry out the topographical measurement of the rock installation and land reclamation, the dredging and marine works contractor, Jan De Nul Group, equipped its survey vessels with Merlin, Renishaw's marine-grade vessel-mounted laser scanner.
For further images, videos, company biographies or information on Renishaw and its products, visit our Media Hub.
- Case study: Calais Port expansion stays on course using Renishaw lidar system [5.5MB]
- Case study: Calais Port expansion stays on course using Renishaw lidar system [103kB]
- Merlin captures data and streams it back to the survey office in real-time [897kB]
- Merlin enables survey engineers to make better-informed decisions [4.7MB]
- Merlin easily integrates with on-board systems on the survey vessel [989kB]
- Merlin produces detailed high-resolution 3D scans of the topography [5.3MB]
- Merlin eliminates the dangers of manual measurement, making scans quick and easy [813kB]