Dental products news
Latest news from Renishaw in the field of dental technologies
Proslab ensures absolute accuracy with additive manufacturing
Leading Australian dental laboratory, Proslab, has fully digitalised the manufacture of its cobalt chrome removable partial dentures (RPDs). The laboratory partnered with global engineering company, Renishaw, to install what is thought to be the first metal additive manufacturing machine for dental applications in Australia.
Cancer patient in South Wales receives life saving operation
71-year-old Peter Maggs received life-saving chest surgery at Morriston Hospital, Wales, during an operation to remove a large sarcoma from his chest. As part of the procedure, Mr Maggs received a rib prosthesis which was designed by Morriston Hospital. This is the first chest prosthesis to be manufactured and implanted into a patient in Britain.
Improving patient outcomes with smart implants
Since the early 1900s, surgeons have been using metal implants in healthcare, typically to treat bone diseases including osteoarthritis and inflammatory rheumatoid arthritis, as well as in reconstruction therapy. Though a long-established technology, traditional implants often cause challenges for patients and surgeons. One area currently being developed is smart implants, which improve patient outcomes, bringing the technology into the modern age.
Renishaw presents world leading metal 3D printing systems optimized for manufacturing of dental devices
Global engineering and healthcare technologies company, Renishaw, is attending LMT LABDAY, the largest dental laboratory event in North America. Renishaw will be exhibiting its world-leading metal additive manufacturing (AM) systems for the production of crowns and bridges and removable partial dentures (RPDs).
Renishaw partners Advanced Digital Technology Foundation
Global engineering and healthcare technology company, Renishaw, has become a gold sponsor of North american based head and neck reconstruction organisation, Advanced Digital Technology (ADT) Foundation.
- Proslab case study
- Advanced Digital Technology Foundation
- Renishaw presents world leading metal 3D printing systems optimized for manufacturing of dental devi
- A Swift transition to digital dentistry
- Alta Vista Animal Hospital case study
- New horizons in custom LaserAbutments™
- Digital dentistry innovation
- BAOMS Scientific Meeting, ICC, Birmingham, UK, 2017
- Digital Workflow
- Metal 3D printing systems for the dental market
- The International Implantable and Interventional Medical Device Technology Application Conference,
- 3D modelling and printing case study
- Renishaw and DENTSPLY agreement
- DLA Trade Awards 2015 - Renishaw wins Best CAD CAM Company
- 3D Printing in Medicine Conference, Mainz, Germany 2017
- MediWales Innovation Awards 2015
- DTS 2017
- PraxisUnico 2016 Conference
- Applied Digital Technologies in Head and Neck Reconstructi
- Renishaw previews QuantAM Dental at IDS
- Collaboration announced between PDR and Renishaw
- Health and wellbeing award for Renishaw collaboration
- Renishaw collaboration receives health and wellbeing award shortlist
- ADEISS - new medical centre in London, Canada
- ADT congress meeting, Amiens, France 2017
- BAOMS Scientific Meeting, ICC, Birmingham, UK, 2017, CMF surgery masterclass
- Digital Symposium, Swansea University, UK, 2017
- Institute of Maxillofacial Prosthetists and Technologists 28th congress, Glasgow Caledonian Uni 2017
- Renishaw supports Bridge2Aid dental charity.
- Improving patient and surgeon experience with additive manufacturing
- Proslab launches total accuracy with RPD additive manufacuring technology
- Improving patient outcomes with smart implants
- Cancer patient in South Wales receives life saving operation