Engineering Apprenticeships - Miskin
This is a three year commitment during which you will learn and develop manufacturing and engineering skills and knowledge through onsite work placements, whilst also studying for nationally recognised qualifications at Bridgend College in South Wales.
Work placements will be undertaken throughout the 3 years based in the Machine Shop, Works Engineering (Maintenance) and Production facilities at our Miskin site. Please note there will be a requirement to spend some of this time working a double day shift pattern - alternating each week between a work pattern of 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm.
- Apprentices will have already spent a year at college undertaking a PEO Level 2
- Take part in an extended induction placement in the Renishaw Academy, learning about Renishaw products and different business divisions, as well as essential team building, report writing, time management and other skills
- Day release to Bridgend College to study for a PEO Level 3 qualification and an NVQ Level 3
- Applicants must have completed a PEO Level 2 in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering in order to be considered for the Renishaw scheme
- On the job learning via work placements
Years 2 and 3:
- On-going work placements in the manufacturing areas
- Study towards a HNC
- The opportunity for continued study towards a HND and possibly a degree exists for apprentices who demonstrate future potential and have a need to go on to further study when they transfer off the apprenticeship scheme
- The chance to specialise in a specific area of the business
Application and recruitment process
- Apply online with a covering letter and CV (as one document) – the deadline for applications is Friday 17th March 2017.
- Assessment – if you are selected to attend you will spend half a day at Gloucestershire Engineering Training (GET), an off-site training facility. Your skills in Maths and mechanical aptitude will be assessed. These will be held in February or March 2017.
- Interview and assessment day– if you are selected you will be invited to attend a full day at Renishaw's New Mills site. You will have an interview, individual practical assessments, and a team exercise and site tour, along with the opportunity to talk to some apprentices currently in the scheme. To be held in April 2017.
- Offers will be made in May 2017.
Applicants must have:
- To be studying for, or have already achieved, a PEO Level 2 in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering. The PEO at level 2 is essential.
- The minimum of 5 GCSEs, including a B or above in Maths, and Cs or above in Science and English. Other relevant subjects such as D&T, Resistant Materials or Engineering would be an advantage.
- Please ensure your CV is up to date with details of qualifications you are currently studying towards, including full titles and levels. You can include predicted grades if you have not completed your studies yet.
- A current or recent job, this does not need to be relevant to engineering and can be a paper round or Saturday job, this demonstrates maturity, responsibility and independence
- Relevant work experience done through school or college would be beneficial although is not essential
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm to undertake a practical, hands on role in a manufacturing environment
- Enthusiasm, motivation and a positive attitude, pride in a job well done, and the commitment to put in the time and effort during the apprenticeship in order to reap the benefits when the apprenticeship ends
- Use your covering letter to tell us:
• why you want to do an apprenticeship and why engineering
• what interests you have away from school/college or work that support a mechanical aptitude and interest in the principles of engineering
• how you plan to travel to college and your place of work at the various site, bearing in mind that some time will be spent following shift patterns