Graduate Electronic Engineer
Our Graduate Electronic Engineers are involved in the conception and design of Renishaw's current and future products.
Graduate Electronic Engineers
This stream has now been closed
Relevant disciplines: Electronic Engineering and Physics.
As a Graduate Electronics Engineer you will play a key role in ensuring Renishaw remains a market leader, often by using the latest electronic technology to ensure the best possible performance from our products. Graduate Electronic Engineers are challenged with delivering smaller, faster, cheaper and more reliable products.
The electronics design stream requires a variety of different skills from: analogue to digital; embedded software to VHDL and DSP coding; DC to RF; passives to custom silicon design; magnetic sensing to opto-electronics; circuit design to PCB layout; blue-sky research to final development.
Graduate Electronic Engineers will gain understanding of:
- Signals and Systems
- Electronic devices and circuits
- Analogue and digital devices and design implementation (current and new technology)
- Component packaging and manufacturability
- Control systems
- Power devices and design incorporation
- Algorithm and data manipulation
- Embedded systems using FPGA
- Signal Processing
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) devices and configuration
- Architectures for digital signal processing ; Hardware and connectivity
- Development of algorithms and implementation
- C (C++, C#) Code to support development
- Analogue signal processing including filtering and signal conditioning
- Standard communication interfaces including a knowledge of USB, PCIe and peripheral support including I2C and SPI.
- Conceptual Design
- Development Testing
- Prototype testing and commissioning
- Prototype Assembly
- Research sources to solve design problems, use of references, Internet etc.
- Part Identification
- Identify and agree new components to support product
- Design for Manufacture and Design for Test
- Product Upgrades
- Be aware of some of the reasons why products are upgraded
- Detailed Drawing
Promotion in this stream is likely to take you down either a technical route, to Senior then Principal Design Engineer, or to a more managerial position like Technical / Design Manager.