Haas Wireless Intuitive Probing System (WIPS)
Reduce setup time using the Haas Wireless Intuitive Probing System
The Haas Wireless Intuitive Probing System (WIPS) guides the operator through the job set-up process with easy-to-use templates. WIPS has the ability to define work offset coordinates, set tool length offsets, and perform in-process inspection within the program.
The WIPS consists of:
OMP40-2 optical transmission probe
For workpiece inspection and job set-up on small to medium machining centres and small multi‑tasking machines.
- Flexible probing solution
- Reliable modulated optical transmission
- Outstanding performance for less scrap and higher profits
OTS 3D touch-trigger tool setter
For tool measuring and broken tool detection on small to medium machining centres.
- Rapid measurement of tool length and diameter
- Cable-free for unrestricted machine movement
- Direction-adjustable infrared optical module
The OMI-2H is a combined optical receiver and machine interface that is designed to be mounted within the machine's working envelope.