Machine calibration and optimisation news
Renishaw's latest calibration product news, case stories and technical articles, allowing manufacturing industry to control machine performance and achieve substantial cost savings.
Laser interferometry assures spherical lens quality
Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), China, has used Renishaw’s XL-80 laser interferometer to develop a high precision instrument capable of simultaneously and reliably measuring all the key dimensional parameters of a spherical lens.
- Encoders hold the key to ultra-accurate motion control
Renishaw unveils the XM-60 multi-axis calibrator at MACH 2018
Renishaw, the world-leading metrology specialist, will exhibiting its new XM-60 multi-axis calibrator at MACH 2018 on stand H19-430.The XM-60 is capable of measuring all six degrees of freedom from a single set-up, in any orientation for linear axes. It offers significant improvement in simplicity and time saving over conventional laser measurement techniques.
Ballbar diagnostics aid airframe manufacture
Without periodic checking and maintenance, CNC machine tools can lose positioning accuracy and introduce errors over time. Machining complex, high-value airframe components, BAE Systems turned to a wireless ballbar system to provide the machine tool diagnostics data it needed to maximise quality and productivity.
New 'free-run mode' in CARTO 2.1 software extends XM-60 functionality
Building on the launch of the Renishaw XM-60 multi-axis calibrator in September 2016, the new release of CARTO 2.1 software brings valuable new functionality. The new ‘free-run mode’ in CARTO 2.1 software allows users of the XM-60 calibration system to capture data immediately, without having to define the positions, or even the number of targets.
- BIT case study
- Renishaw unveils the XM-60 multi-axis calibrator at MACH 2018
- BAE Systems case study
- Breton S.p.A. case study
- New 'free-run mode' in CARTO 2.1 software extends XM-60 functionality
- Renishaw unveils the new XM-60 multi-axis calibrator
- Laser calibration at the speed of light
- New software extends QC20-W ballbar capability for time based data capture
- XL-80 laser functionality extended to perform diagonal tests
- Renishaw launches new CARTO software solution for calibration systems
- Laser calibration data analysis software brings new levels of functionality and flexibility
- New developments in understanding rotary axes performance
- Worldwide success for new rotary axis calibrator
- New system greatly extends flexibility and ease for rotary axis calibration
- Upgraded machine tool performance monitoring device receives worldwide acclaim
- Renishaw supports new US HTEC centre with performance testing tool
- Free performance analysis software for existing ballbar users
- Wireless ballbar offers volumetric testing
- Automated health check for multi-axis machine tools
- Free upgrade of Ballbar5 software
- Upgrades for HP5528 and HP5529 users
- XL-80 laser calibration