- Maximum operating range 25 m line-of-sight from docking cradle
- Docking cradle can be up to 30 m from controller
- Battery life typically 10 hours between charges
- Supplied with spare battery and automatic charger
- Compatible with the range of Renishaw CMM controllers
- Controls motion of CMM axes
- Indexes the motorised head and rotary table
- Operates as a computer mouse
- Has a system menu for navigating the operating software
- Handheld or table mounted operation
- Large LCD for status information and for interacting with metrology programs
The MCU W is functionally identical to the MCU5 except for the additional STOP button on the membrane keypad. When this button is pressed, the CMM and motorised head is brought rapidly to a halt but the servos are kept running. This button is only functional when the controller is in automatic mode, i.e. running a DCC program.
The yellow STOP button removes power from the CMM axes, stops motion of motorised heads and locks the heads in their current position.
The E-STOP switch is hardwired to the UCC controller. When this switch is operated, all power to both the CMM axes and motorised head is removed.
■ Standard specification
- Not available
|MCUlite-2||MCU5||MCU W||MCU5-2||MCU W-2|
|Fast / slow button||■||On paddle||On paddle||On paddle||On paddle|
|Programmable function keys||2||4||4||4||4|
|Engage / re-engage||■||■||■||■||■|
|Take point / delete point||■||■||■||■||■|
|Operate rotary table||-||■||■||■||■|
|Run / step program||-||■||■||-||-|
|Move in part CS||-||■||■||■||■|
|Soft stop facility||-||■||■||■||■|
|Battery life||-||-||8 hours||-||10 hours|
|Move in stylus CS||-||Via menu||Via menu||■||■|
|Tap touch||UCCsuite 4.8||UCCsuite 4.8||UCCsuite 4.8||■||■|
Renishaw has formed a technical partnership with some of the industry's leading software companies and retrofitters to provide powerful CMM retrofit solutions using Renishaw's UCC controllers.
Learn about retrofitting options for your CMM.
For peace of mind a 3-year warranty is available for your new CMM products during the first 3 months from purchase. Contact your vendor.