OMP40-2 optical transmission probe
For workpiece inspection and job set-up on small to medium machining centres and small multi‑tasking machines.
Flexible probing solution.
Reliable modulated optical transmission.
Outstanding performance for less scrap and higher profits.
The OMP40-2 is an ultra-compact 3D touch-trigger probe with optical signal transmission. It is used for workpiece set-up inspection on small to medium machining centres, and on the growing number of high-speed machines fitted with small HSK and spindle tapers.
Its compatibility with all Renishaw optical receivers enables users to upgrade existing installations easily.
Features and benefits
- Proven kinematic design.
- Exceptional resistance to light interference with modulated transmission.
- 360° transmission envelope.
- Ultra-compact design.
- 1 μm 2σ repeatability.
Previously it could take 1.5 hours to set a job that took 4.5 hours of machining; that was totally unacceptable. Now we can do the same set-up in 10 minutes, immediately freeing up 1 hour 20 minutes to cut more metal, which we make money on.
OMP40-2 installation guide
Probing software options
The following software packages can be used to program probing routines for workpiece set-up and inspection on CNC machining centres.
- GoProbe – entry-level package for simple workpiece set-up and tool setting routines.
- Inspection Plus – an integrated suite of inspection cycles including vector measurement.
- Productivity+™ Active Editor Pro – a PC-based software package with GUI, allowing users to select features directly from an imported CAD model.
Trigger Logic app
The Trigger Logic™ app simplifies the process of configuring a Renishaw machine tool probe. The app provides the user with a simplified method of reviewing, configuring and changing their Renishaw probe settings. The app can also be used with radio probes for probe acquisition and partnering.
Download the app: