Primo™ Radio 3D Tool Setter
What is the Primo™ Radio 3D Tool Setter?
The Primo Radio 3D Tool Setter is mounted securely to the machine tool table and is used to measure the length and diameter of a cutting tool precisely, to increase machining accuracy.
There are a number of benefits to using the tool setter:
- Reduced tool setting time of up to 90% compared with manual methods.
- Automatic updating of tool offsets.
- Detection of broken tools.
- Removal of manual errors and variation in setting tools.
- Reduction in scrap and rework of materials.
How the Primo Radio 3D Tool Setter works
When a tool makes contact with the tool setter's stylus, a precise trigger signal is generated, and sent to the machine's controller via radio transmission. This enables the length and diameter of the tool to be determined.
The information about each tool is automatically stored in the tool offsets in the machine tool controller, thereby eliminating manual errors.
Features and benefits:
- Repeatability of 1 μm 2σ to ensure results are the same every time.
- Robust and reliable in harsh machine tool conditions.
- Secure frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS) radio transmission to maintain a reliable connection.