Race to innovate: digital position feedback for Land Rover BAR's America's Cup race
26 April 2017
Discover how Technical Leader Dr. Finlay Evans and his team raced to innovate by designing special digital position sensors (encoders) for the Land Rover BAR race-yacht.
The solution enables the helmsman and crew to race the yacht with precise wing and rudder feedback whilst enabling the capture of high-quality performance data during development and training.
RLS LinACE™ magnetic encoders were used as part of the solution. RLS is a Renishaw associate company.
- Feature article: Race to innovate: digital position feedback for Land Rover BAR's America's Cup Boat [328kB]
- Land Rover BAR encoder installed on the control surface on wing [652kB]
- RLS LinACE™ encoder for Land Rover BAR [2.9MB]
- LR BAR compared to Airbus A320 [113kB]
- Land Rover BAR - CAD model of wing encoder, wish bone and scale [92kB]
For further images, videos, company biographies or information on Renishaw and its products, visit our Media Hub.