Renishaw launches new CARTO software solution for calibration systems
21 September 2015
Renishaw is launching a new free software suite for Renishaw calibration systems at EMO 2015. The suite includes Capture and Explore, which provide data capture and analysis for the XL-80 laser interferometer system. CARTO release 1.1 supports linear, angular and straightness measurement with a choice of keypress, position and remote (TPin) triggering. CARTO features a new database system which automatically stores and organises data for the user, simplifying operation and allowing users to quickly and easily compare data with historical results.
Capture has been introduced to the CARTO suite as an improved and updated data capture application with the following features:
- The orientation of machine movement is detected automatically, reducing the chance for human error in the process.
- The intuitive user interface allows new users to begin capturing data quickly with less requirement for training.
- All the core functions are available on one screen for efficient navigation.
- ISO-10360 target sequences can be automatically created, simplifying a challenging test set-up.
Explore brings the advances of XCal-View data analysis software to the CARTO suite with the following features:
- Tests in the database can be searched by different criteria (such as machine name, operator, and date etc.). This enables users to review historical test data conveniently.
- Multiple data sets can be overlaid on the same screen for visual comparison.
- Linear error compensation files can be created from test results.
- Customisable test reports can be created with choices such as graph line thickness and adding company logos.
The intuitive CARTO user interface allows new users to begin capturing and analysing data quickly, without the need for training or reading lengthy manuals. The capacity for customisation throughout the suite means that both Capture and Explore can be tailored to suit an individual user's requirements.
Further development on CARTO will follow to add more features, including rotary, flatness and dynamic measurement. CARTO release 1.1 will be available to download free of charge from www.renishaw.com/carto.
For further information on Renishaw's calibration and performance monitoring products, visit www.renishaw.com/calibration.