Revolution in ceramic tile printing signals renewed demand for encoders
25th October 2016
Developments in ink-jet technology are revolutionising the ceramic tile printing industry. Uptake of wide-format printers for ceramic tiles will increase dramatically over the next few years, which creates an opportunity for the encoder market. This article examines how demand for higher quality printing is expected to drive applications for high-performance encoder systems as manufacturers seek to work around inherent technical limitations relating to ceramic inks.
- Feature article: revolution in ceramic tile printing signals renewed demand for encoders [1.4MB]
- Feature article: revolution in ceramic tile printing signals renewed demand for encoders [102kB]
- Ceramic tile printing machine (courtesy of Xaar) [2.9MB]
- Digitally printed decorative tiles with a single-pass print head (courtesy of Xaar) [1.2MB]
- Selection of digitally printed decorative tiles (courtesy of Xaar) [3.4MB]
For further images, videos, company biographies or information on Renishaw and its products, visit our Media Hub.