Placements, work experience and bursaries
Summer Placements 2015
Applications for the 2015 Summer Placement scheme has now closed. This will open again in September for 2016 roles.
Renishaw currently offers approximately 70 Work Experience placements. They last one week and are available throughout the year.
Who can apply?
- Pupils must be in Years 10 to 12 and attend one of our local schools – these are schools in Gloucestershire and Wales that we have established a special relationship with over time
- Children of our current employees
Who are we looking for?
- Applicants are expected to express a specific interest in engineering and Renishaw as a company
- Applicants are expected to have an idea of which area of the business they would like a placement in, such as electronics, mechanical engineering, software
What to include in your application:
Please send a letter detailing the following:
- Why are you interested in a career in engineering?
- Why do you want to do your work experience at Renishaw?
- Which area of engineering would you like to be placed in?
- Do you have any relevant interests/hobbies that you think would be relevant to your application?
- Tell us when are you available to do your work experience – most schools have specific weeks in which pupils do work experience, but you may also be available during half-terms and holidays
- Home address and telephone number
- If you have a CV please attach that too
We will be accepting applications for 2015 work experience places in January and ask that you do not apply until then. If you have any general queries that are not answered here then please email email@example.com or write to Simonne Watts, Renishaw plc, Schools Liaison, New Mills, Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, GL12 8JR.
Renishaw offers a number of bursaries each year to help support students whilst at university. These are awarded annually to students committed to developing their careers with Renishaw. For more information please call 01453 524524.