Void Scanner applications and deployment
Void Scanner is the most reliable, cost-effective way to carry out the regular mapping of underground voids, stopes, shafts and ore passes.
Carlson Software Inc has acquired the Quarryman, Boretrak, C-ALS, Void Scanner, Merlin and ILM laser module product lines previously owned by Renishaw plc. Please visit our Carlson webpage for details.
A range of applications for mining and civil engineering
While primarily a high-speed, low-cost cavity monitoring system, used in the ‘routine' measurement of underground mining and excavation progress and 3D mapping, Void Scanner applications also include:
- Gallery, void and stope surveying
- Project profitability / feasibility planning
- Ore pass monitoring
- Mine design management
- Waste and ore stockpile management
- End-of-shift extraction volume scanning
- Compliance, environmental and safety management
- Storage silo volume measurement
- Underground blast planning
- Drive surveys
- Face modelling
- Pre- and post-excavation mapping
Brochure: Void Scanner
A specialist ruggedised instrument, Void Scanner uses time-of-flight laser measurement to map the shape, position and spatial location of voids to help ensure the safety of personnel, stock, and valuable underground sites.