The UCC T3 PLUS / UCC S3 are the latest addition to the Renishaw CMM controller product range. They support the complete range of Renishaw two wire touch-trigger probes along with the high performance SP25M and SP600 (UCC S3 only) . Support for conventional contact, strain-gauge sensors (TP200), motorised probe heads, stylus changers and temperature compensation are all built into these controllers.
Machine scales and readheads
Probe head - manual or CNC (PH10 PLUS) - connects to the UCC T3 PLUS / UCC S3 via the machine cabling
UCCassist-2 commissioning software and application software
UCC T3 PLUS / UCC S3 and power amplifier SPA3 - these connect to the machine cabling
MCU joystick - MCUlite-2, MCU5 or MCU W - connects to SPA3
PC - connects to UCC T3 PLUS / UCC S3 via an Ethernet cable
The UCC T3 PLUS / UCC S3 is a controller in a 19 inch rack-mountable enclosure. It is coupled to the CMM host computer by an Ethernet link and to the CMM via external cable interface connectors.
The UCC T3 PLUS / UCC S3 controllers in conjunction with the SPA3 have the capability of:
- controlling three axes of a CMM (accepting digital readhead signals and generating three axes of motor drive signals)
- accepting input signals from emergency stop, air pressure, crash detector, digital SPA, amplifier faults and all axis inner and outer travel limit switches
- accepting two uncommitted general purpose input signals and generating one uncommitted general purpose output signal
- PH10 and PH10 PLUS interfacing
- directly supporting the TP1, TP2, TP6, TP20 and TP200 touch-trigger probes and SP25 and SP600 scanning probes (UCC S3 only)
- directly supporting the Renishaw TEC (16 channels) and RS232 (Mitutoyo) TEC systems
- providing a +24 V supply for use by the CMM switches
- The UCC T3 PLUS / UCC S3 supports the MCUlite-2, MCU5 and MCU W joysticks through the SPA3.
This guide gives information on physical installation, system connections and communications, as well as assistance in fault finding during the installation of the UCC T3 PLUS or UCC S3.
WARNING: UCC T3 PLUS / UCC S3 are not compatible with PH9, PHS, PH20 and REVO systems. No attempt should be made to connect these system components to the UCC T3 PLUS or UCC S3 as this will result in damage to the product or attached equipment.
The UCC T3 PLUS / UCC S3 do not support TP7.
UCC T3 PLUS
Rear panel layout
Temperature compensation connector
Ethernet communications connector to CMM computer
Reset button / IP configure button
Reserved - do not connect
PH10 head connector
SCR200 rack input (TP200)
RJ45 connector to SPA3
RJ45 connector to second SPA3 (not implemented at this time)
Equipotential bond point
DC power jack 24 V