The UCC T3-2 is the latest generation Renishaw CMM controller product range. It supports the complete range of Renishaw two wire touch-trigger probes along with the high performance TP200 probe.
Machine scales and readheads
|3||Probe head - manual or fixed - connects to the UCC T3-2 via the machine cabling|
|4||UCCassist-2 commissioning software and application software|
UCC T3-2 and power amplifier SPA3 - these connect to the machine cabling
MCU joystick - MCUlite-2, MCU5 or MCU W - connects to SPA3
PC - connects to UCC T3-2 via an ethernet cable
The UCC T3-2 is a controller in a 19 inch rack-mountable enclosure. It is coupled to the CMM host computer by an ethernet link and to the CMM via external cable interface connectors.
The UCC T3-2 controller in conjunction with the SPA3 has the capability of:
- controlling three axes of a CMM (accepting digital readhead signals and generating three axes of motor drive signals)
- accepting input signals from emergency stop, air pressure, crash detector, digital SPA, amplifier faults and all axis inner and outer travel limit switches
- accepting two uncommitted general purpose input signals and generating one uncommitted general purpose output signal via SPA3-2
- directly supporting the TP1, TP2, TP6, TP20 and TP200 touch-trigger probes
- providing a +24 V supply for use by the CMM switches
- supporting the MCUlite-2, MCU5 and MCU W joysticks
This guide gives information on physical installation, system connections and communications, as well as assistance in fault finding during the installation of the UCC T3-2.
WARNING: UCC T3-2 is not compatible with PH9, PH10, PHS, PH20 and REVO systems. No attempt should be made to connect these system components to the UCC T3-2 as this will result in damage to the product or attached equipment.
The UCC T3-2 does not support TP7.
Front panel layout
Rear panel layout
Ethernet communications connector to CMM computer
Reset button / IP configure button
Reserved - do not connect
SCR200 rack input (TP200)
RJ45 connector to SPA3
RJ45 connector to second SPA3
Equipotential bond point
DC power jack 24 V