The UCC T3 controller has a positive air flow within its enclosure for cooling purposes; this system has a replaceable filter to protect it from the ingress of dust. The machine operator should check the condition of this filter on a regular basis. It is recommended that this filter is removed and checked then replaced as necessary during the machine installer or retrofitter's regular maintenance routine.
Exchanging / removing the air filter
The following procedure is recommended when exchanging / removing the air filter:
- Remove power from the controller.
- Remove the 19 inch rack mounting brackets (if fitted) by removing the two fixing screws.
- Individually pull the heads of both the filter-retaining clips away from the unit about 5 mm for them to disengage. This should permit the external filter cover to be pulled away.
- Remove the filter material from the filter recess.
- Replace the filter, reversing the steps given above (the part number of the replacement filter is A-5518-0011).