WARNING: Maintenance should only be carried out after the machine has been isolated from the electrical supply, compressed air supply or other energy sources in accordance with the machine manufacturer's instructions.
Periodically check that all mounting screws and electrical connectors are securely tightened. Electrical safety checks should include inspecting the mains cable for damage and the safety of the connections. Periodical safety checks should also include the function of the emergency stop system, including operation of all switches integrated into the system. After operating the emergency stop system, the servo amplifier system should be checked to ensure servo power can be engaged.
It is recommended that periodical metrology tests are performed in order to identify any faults in subsystems eg air bearings, structure, cables, software etc.
Cleaning should be carried out with a lint free cloth on outer surfaces only as the unit is not sealed against liquid.
Positive air flow is employed within the enclosure for cooling purposes. This equipment has a replaceable filter to protect it from the ingress of dust. The machine operator should inspect the condition of the filter on a regular basis. It is recommended that the filter is removed and checked / replaced as necessary during the machine installer or retrofitter's regular maintenance routine.
Exchanging / removing the air filter
The following procedure is recommended when exchanging / removing the air filter:
- Isolate the controller via the ac power.
- Remove the 19 inch rack mounting brackets (if fitted) by removing the two fixing screws on each side.
- Pull both the filter retaining clips [A] away from the unit, this should permit the external filter cover [B] to be removed.
- Remove the filter material [C] from the filter recess (replacement part number of filter is A-5518-0011).
- Refit the filter cover and mounting brackets in the reverse order above.
NOTE: There are no user serviceable parts inside this unit.