Embedded Electronics Apprenticeship - L6
Our Level 6 Embedded Electronic Engineering Apprenticeship provides you with the opportunity to combine exciting work placements with studying for a BEng Degree in Electronic and Computer Engineering.
Level 6 Degree Embedded Electronic Engineering Apprenticeship
Accredited by the University of West England (UWE) in Bristol and in partnership with Gloucester College, your degree studies with comprise two days per week spent off site. The degree is split in to two levels; Foundation Degree and BEng top-up, which you will work towards over a five-year period.
Your practical training will cover electronic schematic design, printed circuit board layout, structured programming for embedded systems (both software and firmware), mathematical modelling, design for purpose, testing methodology and transition to production. Work placements will take place within Renishaw's electronics and software groups.
You will be based at Renishaw's New Mills site, near Wotton-Under-Edge. During the apprenticeship, you may also be required to work at the company's other sites in Gloucestershire and South Wales.
• Applicants must have a minimum of 120 UCAS points, which equates to BBB.
• A Levels which must include Maths and two of the following subjects: Computer Science, Design and Technology, Electronics, Engineering, ICT or Further Maths.
• Or a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at DDM in an electronics related subject.
• Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate practical experience of programming and electronics.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Full UK Driving License as travel between sites and university is required.
Complementing your formal studies with UWE, our Embedded Electronic Engineer Apprenticeship includes the following practical learning activities:
Year 1 - The Embedded Electronic Engineer Apprentice training programme led by Renishaw's expert electronic and software engineers.
Years 2 and 3 - Dedicated work placements in electronics groups throughout the company working on real product development projects.
Years 4 and 5 - Specialisation within a specific field of embedded electronic engineering within the company.
Benefits of working for Renishaw include:
• A tailored induction programme
• In-house training and on-going support
• Excellent working environment
• Competitive salary - earn while you learn
• 21 days holiday, plus 4 company days
• Contributory pension scheme
• Private medical insurance
• Onsite fitness centre
• Employee assistance programme for all employees