Corporate environmental policy
The corporate environmental policy is an integral part of Renishaw's business strategy. The responsibility for managing and maintaining the policy lies with the Board of Renishaw plc.
Renishaw is an environmentally conscious and responsible company.
To carry out this commitment, it is Renishaw's policy to strive to ensure that all aspects of the business have the least harmful effect on the environment by implementing an environmental management system to:
- Be fully aware of all environmental legislation and ensure that regulatory requirements are met and, where feasible, improved upon.
- Monitor the implementation of the policy by carrying out periodic audits of compliance and, when appropriate, introduce remedial measures.
- Ensure all employees, in the course of their duties, act in accordance with the environmental policy. Encourage suppliers, contractors and vendors to act in accordance with our environmental standards.
- In addition, areas of particular attention within the business will be the selection of non-polluting technology, waste minimisation, reuse/recycling and the reduction of energy consumption.
- Renishaw also makes a positive environmental contribution in the local community by encouraging open communication, general environmental awareness and the promotion of community projects.
RoHS in Renishaw
The effect on the Renishaw Group of the EU RoHS Directive and the China Ministry of Information Industry, Order No39 - 'Measures for the Administration of the Pollution Control of Electronic Information Products’ (known as China RoHS) are covered in the two documents below.