Working at Renishaw
At Renishaw we believe that our people are fundamental to our success and we have created a working environment that allows our staff to maximise their potential.
Working at Renishaw
Our culture and values
Renishaw's people are central to the success of our business and, over the past 40 years, our innovative, hard-working and loyal employees have helped to make Renishaw a highly successful, globally respected company. Many of our employees have worked with us for two or three decades, creating a wealth of specialised engineering expertise that can be shared with our newer recruits.
We work hard to promote a workplace that encourages open communication and innovative thinking. As such we are able to ensure our people feel valued and can achieve their career goals.
“Apply innovation” is a way of life for Renishaw employees, not just a strap-line. We have continued to protect our core businesses with exciting new patented technology and process developments whilst also diversifying into new product and market areas.
Learning and development
At Renishaw we believe that our staff are vital to our success as a business and so we continually invest in the growth and development of our people. The development of our staff is one of the core values of the company. We believe that each employee should have the ability to grow and to reach their full potential.
We have our own internal training academy where employees, including new graduates and apprentices, will spend time learning about our products and technologies and developing the necessary 'soft' skills to work closely with our customers.
We believe that the development of highly skilled employees starts at a young age and Renishaw's education liaison team works with local schools to encourage young people towards STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) subjects and hopefully towards a future career in engineering.
Benefits for UK employees
Current benefits for UK staff are as follows:
- Company pension scheme - 9% employer contribution. Employees don't have to contribute but can if they choose. Pension salary sacrifice options are also available.
- 21 days annual leave + 4 company days - Additional days are accrued for long service (5 years +) with the option to buy up to one week of leave per year. Company days are mandatory shut-down days over Christmas and New Year.
- Subsidised BUPA private medical scheme life assurance (subject to qualifying criteria).
- Discretionary company bonus scheme (subject to qualifying criteria).
- A 'variable working' programme - Options for a 4.5 or 5 day week (not available to shift workers).
- Enhanced maternity pay - 100% pay for 18 weeks (subject to qualifying criteria).
- Employee assistance programme (EAP) - The service offers professional counselling, support for mental and emotional wellbeing, practical life management services (financial, legal, family care and information services), plus up to 5 face to face/online counselling sessions.
- Subsidised restaurant and coffee shops (various sites)
- Fitness centres (at main sites)1 a month membership.
- Cycle to Work Scheme Salary sacrifice scheme to support cycling to work.
- Company discounts and benefits with a variety of partners Discounts with Wotton Travel (part of Renishaw PLC).
- Long service awards
- Inventors award scheme
Renishaw is a leading-edge global engineering company with a diverse industrial and healthcare product range that requires many different disciplines such as mechanical and electronic design, mathematics, software engineering, manufacturing and mechanical engineering plus commercial roles including sales and marketing, legal, finance and purchasing.
Our headquarters is based in the UK and with around 95% of sales derived from exports, we have over 70 offices in 33 countries around the world. Our customers can be found in most industries and include some of the world's best known brands.
Our product, market and geographic diversity means that there are countless opportunities available to our employees both in the UK and overseas, for fascinating challenges that will offer opportunities to develop their careers.
Diversity and inclusion
The Renishaw Group is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities and will continue to make all personnel decisions regarding recruiting, hiring, assigning, training, transferring, promotion and salary without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation.
More information about our approach to corporate social responsibility can be found on our CSR page.