REVO® SFP1 surface finish probe
The REVO SFP1 makes surface finish inspection an integral part of your CMM measurement procedure where you can switch between scanning and surface finish measurement as you do with other probe types.
Surface finish / surface roughness measurement
- Traditionally measured with hand-held sensors or on a dedicated measuring machine
- REVO SFP1 probe makes surface finish inspection an integral part of your CMM measurement procedure
- Surface finish analysis can form part of a single measurement report.
SFP1 video - Part scanning and C axis alignment
SFP1 system benefits:
- Automatic changing of the SFP1 probe and stylus holders is possible using the standard MRS rack and RCP ports. This enables surface finish measurement to be fully integrated with the standard CMM inspection program.
- The SFP1 probe takes advantage of the infinite positioning capability of the REVO head.
- Sensor calibration involves measuring the surface finish of the surface finish calibration artefact (SFA) that is mounted on the MRS rack. The calibration software adjusts parameters within the probe in accordance with the calibrated value for the artefact.
- The SFP1 includes a passive C axis that enables surface finish measurements to be made at all required orientations around a part. The process of changing the C axis angle is fully automatic, utilising the B axis positioning of the REVO head to rotate the SFP1.
- The SFCP (C-axis port) is mounted on the MRS rack and features spring-loaded pins to facilitate rotation of the C axis using the REVO head's B axis motion.
- SFP1 is a skidded probe type with a 2 μm radius diamond stylus tip. The skid is held against the surface with a controlled force of approximately 0.2 N whilst the stylus tip force is 0.001 N.
- The SFS-1 straight and SFS-2 cranked stylus holders have been designed to facilitate access to a wide range of features.
- The probe size with a straight stylus holder allows measurement within a 10 mm (0.4 in) diameter bore to a depth of 100 mm (4 in).
- Surface measurement capability: 6.3 to 0.05 μm (250 to 2 μin) Ra.
- Output: Ra, RMS and raw data are returned from UCCServer to the metrology application client software using the I++ DME protocol. The raw data can subsequently be presented to specialist surface analysis software packages for further detailed reporting.
For peace of mind
A 3-year warranty is available for your new CMM products during the first 3 months from purchase. Contact your vendor.