MP250 strain gauge probe
For workpiece inspection and job set‑up on CNC grinders.
Unrivalled 3D performance.
Superior accuracy with ultra-low pre-travel variation.
Outstanding performance for less scrap and higher profits.
The world's first strain gauge inspection probe
The miniature MP250, featuring Renishaw's patented RENGAGE™ technology, is the world's first strain gauge inspection probe for grinding machines and, with double diaphragm sealing as standard, is suitable for use in harsh environments.
The MP250 sets new standards for the precision measurement of 3D part geometries, whilst offering all the standard probing benefits of reduced set-up times, reduced scrap and improved process control.
Features and benefits
- RENGAGE technology – proven and patented
- Interference-resistant, hard-wired communication
- Miniature design
- 3D performance: ideal for 5-axis machines
- 0.25 μm 2σ repeatability
Probing software options
The following software packages can be used to program probing routines for workpiece set-up and inspection on CNC machining centres.
- GoProbe – entry-level package for simple workpiece set-up and tool setting routines.
- Inspection Plus – an integrated suite of inspection cycles including vector measurement.
- Productivity+™ Active Editor Pro – a PC-based software package with GUI, allowing users to select features directly from an imported CAD model.
Compatible interfaces / transmission units – HSI.
For quick start guides and installation guides, go to hardware support – MP250.