OLP40 lathe touch probe
For workpiece inspection and job set-up on lathes of all sizes and small multi-tasking machines.
Flexible probing solution.
Reliable modulated optical transmission.
Outstanding performance for less scrap and higher profits.
Ultra-compact 3D touch-trigger probe with optical signal transmission, specifically designed for workpiece set-up inspection on lathes and grinding machines.
Compatibility with all Renishaw optical receivers enables users to easily upgrade existing installations.
Features and benefits:
- Proven kinematic design.
- Exceptional resistance to light interference with modulated transmission.
- 360° transmission envelope.
- Ultra-compact design.
- Increased environmental protection.
- 1 μm 2σ repeatability.
On one component we used to spend 35 minutes on in-process inspection – this had to be improved. We replaced this with a probe cycle, reducing the inspection cycle to about six minutes.
Probing software options
The following software packages can be used to program probing routines for workpiece set-up and inspection on CNC machining centres.
- GoProbe – entry-level package for simple workpiece set-up and tool setting routines.
- Inspection Plus – an integrated suite of inspection cycles including vector measurement.
- Productivity+™ Active Editor Pro – a PC-based software package with GUI, allowing users to select features directly from an imported CAD model.
For quick-start guides and installation guides, go to hardware support – OLP40.