OMP40-2 compact touch probe
Compact touch probe with optical transmission, ideally suited to small machining centres.
The OMP40-2 probe has been designed specifically to meet the demands of small machining centres and the growing family of high-speed machines fitted with small HSK and small taper spindles.
OMP40-2 is available with modulated transmission for use with OMI-2, OMI-2T and OMM-2 receivers, offering increased resistance to light interference.
The OMP40M is also available which enables probe inspection of part features that would be inaccessible to the standard OMP40-2. It allows fitment of adaptors, extensions and Renishaw's LP2 touch probe.
OMP40-2 features and benefits
- Ultra-compact - only Ø40 mm and 50 mm in length
- Miniaturisation of electronics without compromising performance
- Simplified installation - ideal for retrofit
- Long battery life, minimal downtime, industry-leading economy
- Shock and vibration resistant
- Compatible with the Twin probe system
OMP40-2 system options
OMP40-2 with OMI-2T
OMP40-2 with OMI-2
OMP40-2 with OMI
OMP40-2 with OSI / OMM-2
|Offers a state-of-the-art modulated optical transmission method and the twin probe option.||Offers a state-of-the-art modulated optical transmission method.||Ideal for factory fitment by machine tool builders.|
Offers a state-of-the-art modulated optical transmission method, enabling up to three probes to be used.
OMP40-2 software options
The following software packages can be used to program probing routines for work piece set-up and inspection on CNC machining centres
- EasyProbe - entry-level package for simple work piece set-up
- Inspection - basic set-up and work piece inspection cycles, with automatic update of offsets
- Inspection Plus - an integrated suite of inspection cycles including vector measurement
- Productivity+™ Active Editor Pro - a PC-based software package with GUI, allowing the user to select features directly from an imported CAD model, making the generation of probing cycles even easier.
For product specifications or a full parts list see the Installation guide below.