XR20-W rotary axis calibrator
Rotary axes are increasingly common on machine tools and their accuracy is vitally important to overall machine accuracy.
XR20-W allows the measurement of rotary axis positional accuracy to within ±1 arc second. Totally wireless operation and modular mounting systems ensure suitability for a wide range of machines.
Optional software allows operation 'off-axis', essential for many 5 axis machines.
XR20-W rotary axis calibrator overview
The XR20-W addresses the need for quick and easy testing on a wide range of machines and axis types. It does this by keeping all the features that made its RX10 predecessor a success, but adding a much simpler set up and operation.
Features and benefits
Use of Renishaw laser system
Provides a high integrity, non-contact reference measurement, remote from the axis under test.
The features above have been carried across from RX10, however the totally new design of XR20-W delivers many additional benefits:
The XR20-W is motorised and data capture is synchronised to axis movement, i.e. no operator intervention required during data capture.
High accuracy and repeatability
Measurement accuracy of ±1 arc second. All Renishaw systems are factory calibrated and delivered with traceable certification.
- Lithium batteries and Bluetooth® communications give truly wireless operation
- Provides for easier and quicker set up and avoids issues with trailing cables, eliminating the safety hazard these create
Flexible mounting system
- The measurement system is now separate from the mounting system
- This modular approach allows far simpler and quicker set-up and can be configured for a wide variety of rotary tables, lathes and other rotary axes
Compact and light weight
- Handling and fixing on machine can be achieved single handed
- Easy cost effective transportation
- Clearance issues on machine minimised
Off axis capability
- Off axis rotary software* allows use of XR20-W in many machine configurations where it is difficult to mount the system directly on the machines rotary axis pivot point
- Provides a solution for testing many five axis machines
* When used with suitable mounting bracket
Integrated target and alignment optics
- Factory set alignment of retro-reflectors to XR20-W measurement axis minimises alignment and resulting measurement errors
- A simple optical alignment aid helps minimise measurement errors. Alignment adjustments can even be made via software, providing quicker and safer working for the operator
Extended auto calibration and pre-test cycles
- Pre-measurement calibration cycle compensates for remaining angular alignment errors
- Data sampling during test overrun detects and sets axis direction sense and axis feedrate
New data collection software
- RotaryXL enables quicker and more consistent test set up to give faster test results with increased confidence
Servo controlled drive
- Rotary axis measurement speeds for larger angles (>5°) of up to 10 rpm
- Uses unique, integrated rotary encoder technology
Don't just take our word for it....
“With the features of the XR20-W (easy and flexible setup due to its size and weight, wireless operation and user-friendly software), we have reduced our test setup time by 40% and test run time by 20%. An added benefit is that wireless testing has allowed safer testing making supervision a non issue. As a result we do not disrupt shop floor activity, a great attraction to our operations and quality procedures.”
- Mounting ring
- Adaptor plate
- Centration aid
- Chuck adaptor
- Rotary software kit including Rotary XL software, XCal-View software and system manual
- Battery charger
- Batteries x 3
- USB cable and mains adaptor
- Peli™ case
- Bluetooth enabled (internally or with USB Bluetooth adaptor - Microsoft stack only).