Digging deep with Wassara
28 March 2018
The mining business needs new drilling solutions to tackle the mounting productivity demands placed upon the industry. These solutions need to be relatively environmentally friendly as well as cost competitive compared to current drilling solutions. Many existing underground mines are reaching extreme depths that current mining methods find difficult to manage cost-effectively. New ore deposits are deeper with leaner yields. These factors demand larger scale mining and resource planning with new, more efficient and precise drilling.
- Case study: Digging deep with Wassara [5.6MB]
- Case study: Digging deep with Wassara [16kB]
- News release: Digging deep with Wassara [102kB]
- Wassara's water-powered DTH (Down-The-Hole) hammer [6.2MB]
- Schematic diagram of the down the hole (DTH) [164kB]
- Diagram illustrating the DTH hammer valve technology [753kB]
- Representation of the re-designed for AM sliding case component [108kB]
- Sliding case component built in maraging steel using additive manufacturing [388kB]
- Sliding case after testing [54kB]
For further images, videos, company biographies or information on Renishaw and its products, visit our Media Hub.