OMP400 high-accuracy machine probe
For workpiece inspection and job set-up on small to medium machining centres and small multi‑tasking machines.
Unrivalled 3D accuracy and repeatability.
Reliable modulated optical transmission.
Outstanding performance for less scrap and higher profits.
Features patented RENGAGE™ strain gauge technology
Suitable for small to medium machining centres, the OMP400 ultra-compact probe features patented RENGAGE™ strain gauge technology. It delivers unrivalled submicron performance when applied to complex 3D shapes and contours. Advanced capabilities include machine tool performance monitoring and on-machine verification.
Compatibility with all Renishaw optical receivers enables users to upgrade existing installations. When combined with the very latest modulated transmission interface, the system offers exceptional resistance to light interference. High resistance to shock and liquid immersion ensures reliable operation in the harshest machine shop environments.
Features and benefits
- Rengage technology – proven and patented.
- Exceptional resistance to light interference with modulated transmission.
- 360° transmission envelope.
- Ultra-compact design.
- 3D performance ideal for 5-axis machines.
- 0.25 μm 2σ repeatability.
Meeting current and future performance requirements for our products demands manufacture of ever smaller and more intricate parts that are consistently accurate to within 1 μm. Reliable set-up and measurements are therefore critical to this process and form the basis of our decision to use RENGAGE technology. The Renishaw OMP400 is the only product capable of reliably meeting our needs.
Probing software options
The following software packages can be used to program probing routines for workpiece set-up and inspection on CNC machining centres.
- GoProbe – entry-level package for simple workpiece set-up and tool setting routines.
- Inspection Plus – an integrated suite of inspection cycles including vector measurement.
- Productivity+™ Active Editor Pro – a PC-based software package with GUI, allowing users to select features directly from an imported CAD model.
For quick-start guides and installation guides, go to hardware support – OMP400.