Fitting the SFA and SFCP to the MRS2 rail
The SFA and SFCP are designed to be fitted onto the Renishaw modular rack system (MRS2).
It is recommended that they are attached to the MRS2 rail using the following procedure, where it is assumed that the MRS2 system is correctly installed. For full details, please refer to the MRS2 modular rack system installation guide (Renishaw part number H-1000-5255).
1. Insert one of the fixing screws through the SFA.
2. Locate the SFA on the MRS2 rail, positioning the fixing screw to the respective T-nut within the rail and finger-tighten the screw.
3. Insert the other fixing screw through the SFA.
4. Position the SFA so that the second screw locates into the respective T-nut in the rail and finger-tighten the screw.
NOTE: The thread size for the T-nuts for SFA is M6.
1. Fix the SFCP to the extension adaptor using the fixing screws with the hexagonal key supplied.
2. Insert one of the fixing screws through the adaptor.
3. Place the SFCP and extension adaptor assembly underneath the MRS2 rail and locate one of the fixing screws in the respective T-nut within the rail.
4. Finger tighten the screw to hold the SFCP and extension adaptor assembly in place.
5. Insert the second fixing screw through the extension adaptor, locate in the respective T-nut and finger tighten.
6. Hand tighten both screws using the hexagonal key supplied.