PHS card connectors
PHS card connectors
The following sections give pin connection details for connectors on the PHS interface card.
Head data connector
The head data connector on the PHS card is a 15-way high-density D socket.
The Renishaw PICS (product interconnection signal) system allows a standard method of connection for all real time signals used by Renishaw probing products and gives access to probing system control features.
Refer to the PICS installation guide (Renishaw part number H-1000-5000) for a detailed description of PICS and for suggested termination circuits.
A standard Renishaw PL24 (5 m) or PL25 (0.3 m) cable can be used to connect this socket to the PICS OUTPUT connection on a Renishaw probe interface.
/SYNC (input signal connected to probe interface PICS OUTPUT)
Default: Edge (high) = trigger
This signal can be used as a probe trigger input to the PC interface card to latch the PHS1 head position. Refer to the PHS1 programmer's guide (Renishaw part number H-1000-6005) for further information.
|7||/LEDOFF (input signal to probe interface PICS OUTPUT)|
|8||Low = On and triggered|
External 24 Vdc input connector - 4-way molex
- Head motor power can be supplied either through this external connector or through an internal connector
- Maximum total current through connector to be 3 A
- This unit must be supplied from a 24 Vdc SELV supply complying with the essential requirements of BSEN61010 or similar specification
Air / stop signal input connector - 3-way molex
- Connector rated at 30 Vdc, 1 A maximum
|STOP1 (connect to 24 VM)|
STOP2 (connect to 0 VM)
1. At least one of the STOP lines must be through a STOP button (open = STOP).
2. Connect AIRSW to 0 VM through a pressure switch (switch closed = pressure OK).
Internal 24 Vdc input connector - 4-way molex
- This internal 2 4V connector can be used to supply head motor power instead of the external 24 V connector. Applying 24 V through this connector will automatically select the internal connector and disable the external connector.
- Maximum total current through connector to be 3 A.