Renishaw distributor upgrades telescope for astronomy research
For over 40 years the Wise Observatory, an astronomical research facility owned and operated by Tel Aviv University, has been supporting cutting-edge astronomical research.
Some components such as the motors, bearings and the position feedback encoders, have a predetermined lifespan and researchers were beginning to notice performance issues.
After reviewing providers online, Wise Observatory chose to collaborate with Israel-based motion technology provider, Soulutions, which is also an official and local distributor of Renishaw encoders.
- Case study: Renishaw distributor upgrades telescope for astronomy research [855kB]
- News release: Renishaw distributor upgrades telescope for astronomy research [104kB]
- The Whirlpool Galaxy (M51) [574kB]
- Wise Observatory main telescope [351kB]
- Orion constellation [4kB]
- RESOLUTE encoder on roll axis of telescope [305kB]
For further images, videos, company biographies or information on Renishaw and its products, visit our Media Hub.