Metrology software designed with usability in mind
Based on the established and highly capable MODUS platform with support for Renishaw's suite of 3- and 5-axis CMM sensor technologies, MODUS 2 has been designed with usability in mind. The innovative interface is simple for new users to learn and faster to program, resulting in unprecedented levels of productivity with or without a CAD model.
MODUS 2 in action
- MODUS 2 software
An overview of the MODUS 2 software
- MODUS 2 – Creating a circle scan strategy
- Exhibition video: MODUS 2 software _Feature selection node moving OSM
Usability by design
MODUS 2 has been designed with usability in mind. The innovative interface is simple for new users to learn and faster to program, resulting in unprecedented levels of productivity with or without a CAD model.
Based on the established and highly capable MODUS platform it offers optimal support for Renishaw's suite of 3- and 5-axis CMM sensor technologies.
From simple manual CMM operation through to complex part measurement on multi-axis systems, MODUS 2 adapts automatically and only offers functionality relevant to the current task.
The user experience is designed to be identical whether the software is connected to a ‘live' CMM or working in an offline environment where full simulation with speed control allows measurement sequence development and visualisation.
The MODUS 2 metrology software suite is a future-proofed investment, guaranteeing availability of the latest sensor and controller technology advancements from Renishaw. This will include future sensors for the 5-axis measurement product range, which delivers unprecedented speed and measurement flexibility, whilst avoiding the speed versus accuracy compromises inherent in conventional techniques.
MODUS 2 highlights
- Use of the I++ DME communications protocol provides support for third-party CMM controllers, in addition to Renishaw's UCC range of universal CMM controllers.
- Support for 5-axis measurement systems.
- OSM technology enables the automatic creation of efficient, collision free, motion paths around the part.
- Bespoke measurement strategies can be created and shared with other users to ensure consistent measurement of all parts, regardless of the programmer.
- CAD-driven offline programming, with support for neutral formats of IGES, STEP, Parasolid® and VDA-FS.
- High quality integration with the CATIA® (v5 and v4), Siemens® NX™ (previously Unigraphics®), Pro/E® and SolidWorks® CAD/CAM solutions.
- Full motion simulation and collision detection, including 5-axis moves.
- Native DMIS support.
- Certified mathematical algorithms.
- Powerful text and graphical reporting.
- Flexible output of results data including certified Q-DAS®.