Quick and easy to use software for XL-80 and XM-60 laser measurement.
CARTO release 2.1
Now with 'free-run mode' and other new features.
CARTO software suite guides the user through the workflow of the measurement process, from setting up a test to analysing the data.
As part of our continuous improvement strategy, there will be regular releases of CARTO to add measurement types and features to support XM-60 and XL-80. See CARTO release comparison tables for more details on XL-80 laser functions in CARTO.
Features and benefits
The CARTO suite is made up of two applications; Capture to collect laser interferometry data and Explore to provide powerful analysis to international standards and more.
- Choose between 'target-based mode' or 'free-run mode' ('free-run mode' is only available with XM-60) to suit your application.
- Automatic sign detection. The directions of measured errors are automatically determined relative to the machines axes, reducing human error.
- Intuitive user interface allows new users to begin capturing data quickly with minimum fuss.
- Step-by-step flow for efficient navigation.
- Powerful search facility for results database. Search by, operator, date, machine ID and any other field.
- Overlay multiple results to see comparisons easily.
- Create linear error compensation files to improve machine performance.
- Produce customised test reports with only a few clicks.
Highlights for CARTO release 2.1
Capture - New 'free-run mode' for XM-60
- Two straightness errors and three angular errors are all plotted against linear position.
- Capture data immediately, without having to define the positions or even the number of targets. Perfect for on-the-fly investigations.
- Triggering can be manual (with a key press), automatic (based on stability of position) or continuous (captured during motion at a user-defined interval).
- Visual adjustments gauges give a live display of each error channel for feedback whilst making adjustments to the machine.
- Toggle for displaying results against position or time in graphs.
- Improvements to the process of comparing test records for more efficient use.
- Produce combined PDF results with all six error channels displayed in the format of the required international standards (available for XM-60 only).
Software download: CARTO 2.1 software suite
Release 2.1 - Issued May 2017: Combined installer for Capture and Explore in the CARTO software suite: - New ‘free-run mode’ for XM-60 with no target setup required - New method for comparing multiple test records in Explore - Graphs can now be displayed against position or time in Explore - Multiple error channel analysis in a single PDF report
Software release note: CARTO version 2.1
Important information concerning installation and use of CARTO version 2.1. It is recommended to read this before downloading or installing software. Supersedes CARTO version 2.0.
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 or above, 1 GB available hard disk space, screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or above, PDF viewer. This installer will also install, if not already installed: .NET 4.6.1.