Quick and easy to use software for XL-80 laser measurement.
CARTO release 1.2
Available now as a free of charge download
We believe our users should be able to benefit from the latest development in software for our devices. That is why we are releasing CARTO as a free of charge upgrade to any user of a Renishaw XL-80 laser interferometer system.
As part of our continuous improvement strategy, there will be regular releases of CARTO to add measurement types and features (see CARTO release comparison tables for more details).
Features and benefits
The CARTO suite is made up of two applications; Capture to collect data from the XL-80 laser and Explore to provide powerful analysis to international standards and more.CARTO features a new database system which automatically stores and organises data for the user. This simplifies operation and allows users to quickly and easily compare data across multiple CNC machines over time.
- Automatic sign detection. Sign of errors set automatically from machine movement.
- Intuitive user interface allows new users to begin capturing data quickly with minimum fuss.
- All the core functions are available on one screen for efficient navigation.
- ISO-10360 target sequences can be automatically created, simplifying a challenging test set up.
- Powerful search facility for results database. Search by, operator, date, machine ID and any other field.
- Overlay multiple results to see comparisons easily.
- Create linear error compensation files to improve machine performance.
- Produce customised test reports by copying and pasting intelligent elements from Explore into other applications.
Highlights for CARTO release 1.2
Release 1.2 of the CARTO suite builds upon CARTO 1.1 with extra functions and with new features that make CARTO even easier to use.
- Optional calibration reminders have been added to help users plan for the recalibration of XL-80 and XC-80 units.
- Fixed material temperature can now be entered for environmental compensation.
- Test records can be tagged into groups for easier filtering of results. Test records can be deleted and restored, if required.
- Squareness, parallelism and rotational parallelism analysis modes.
- The custom report function now allows for combined PDF reports across multiple international analysis standards.
Below is a summarised comparison of measurement modes and features in LaserXL, CARTO 1.1 and CARTO 1.2.
Software download: CARTO 1.2 software suite
Release 1.2 - Issued May 2016: Combined installer for Capture and Explore in the CARTO software suite. (407.7MB)
Software release note: CARTO version 1.2
Important information concerning installation and use of CARTO version 1.2. It is recommended to read this before downloading or installing software. Supersedes CARTO version 1.1.
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 or above, 1 GB available hard disk space, screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or above, PDF viewer. This installer will also install, if not already installed: .NET 4.5 Framework, SQL Server Express Edition 2012.