Molecular diagnostics news
Latest news from Renishaw in the field of molecular diagnostics
Renishaw wins funding for antibiotic resistance assay
Renishaw Diagnostics Ltd, a subsidiary of FTSE 250 listed Renishaw plc, has won funding from Innovate UK to accelerate development of a diagnostic assay that will identify patients carrying bacteria resistant to an important last line in antibiotic therapy. The development contract, worth £150,000, has been awarded as part of a £10M, two-phase competition to promote the development of new diagnostic products and services for use in stratified medicine.
Renishaw Diagnostics announces CE marking of RenDx® Multiplex Assay System and Fungiplex assay
Renishaw Diagnostics is pleased to announce the launch of the CE-IVD certified RenDx Multiplex Assay System together with its first assay, Fungiplex, a multiplex PCR in vitro test for the qualitative detection of Candida and Aspergillus DNA extracted from blood samples.
New assay could revolutionise diagnosis and treatment of life-threatening disease
Invasive Fungal Disease (IFD) is an emerging global health problem associated with high mortality rates in severely immunocompromised patients, such as those undergoing intensive chemotherapy or stem cell transplantation, and in patients suffering immune compromising conditions such as AIDS.
Healthcare potential of SERS technology featured in high profile publications
Potential healthcare applications of surface enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) – the detection method behind Renishaw Diagnostics Limited's (RDL) RenDx® technology – have recently been described in two high profile UK publications. The papers, which have attracted national media interest, highlight the application of SERS technology to the diagnosis of two potentially life threatening diseases.
EU project delivers new possibilities for SERS sensors
Renishaw Diagnostics Limited (RDL) has played a key role in an EU project team that recently announced the successful development of a new technology which could have significant implications for the future of photonic sensor applications. A nine member consortium, led by the VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, the PHOTOSENS project has successfully developed mass-producible, polymer-based nanophotonic sensors that could be used in applications ranging from air contaminant identification,
- Renishaw wins funding for antibiotic resistance assay
- Renishaw Diagnostics announces CE marking of RenDx® Multiplex Assay System and Fungiplex assay
- New assay could revolutionise diagnosis and treatment of life-threatening disease
- Healthcare potential of SERS technology featured in high profile publications
- EU project delivers new possibilities for SERS sensors
- Collaboration with MRC Technology
- ISO 13485 Certification
- Exclusive licence agreement for SERRS Beacons
- Renishaw Diagnostics to present at PittCon 2011
- Multiplex assays for precious research samples
- Defying the job loss trend
- Official opening
- New Head of Marketing
- Company name change
- New CEO appointed
- R&D to aid chronic wound care
- New development partnership
- New cleaning verification test
- New development partnership
- Scottish business award
- Renishaw investment