Turnkey metal 3D printing systems for healthcare
Let Renishaw provide the complete manufacturing solution for your dental or medical metal 3D printing requirements.
Our 3D printing systems optimised for dental and medical applications offer a total manufacturing solution. Using our tried and tested AM250 fusion powder bed machine and our vast range of ancillaries, we can offer a system that is ready to build accurate and high quality dental structures in titanium or cobalt chrome from day one.
Custom-made medical and dental parts are complex by design
Custom-made medical and dental devices are inherently complex in their physical form and do not easily lend themselves to a traditional manufacturing process where higher volumes are required to make the process viable. In the case of custom-made medical or dental devices it is less a case of mass production as mass customisation.
Milling centres, performing traditional subtractive manufacturing, are still capable of mass manufacture and mass customisation however they are often less efficient when the components have complex and bespoke forms.
Traditional manufacturing is limited
Milling removes unwanted material, in contrast metal 3D printing or additive manufacturing adds only the material required, resulting in a far more efficient use of material and a more predictable manufacturing cost.
In addition to the cost of parts rising as the complexity increases there are also more constraints on part manufacture through subtractive manufacturing.
To reach small features, often critical to a successful clinical outcome, a milling machine would have to use very small diameter tooling. This increases cycle time, sacrifices tool stiffness and accuracy whilst also adding further uncertainty to the cost and durability of the tooling.
Additive manufacturing does not suffer from this major issue and is capable of producing highly detailed and complicated features. This gives the additive manufacturing user a significant competitive advantage making it ideal for custom made medical and dental applications.
You're one step away from making your own custom-made devices
Starting from scratch with a new technology is never easy, that is why Renishaw offer all you need to start manufacturing custom made medical and dental devices from day one.
To get your dental or medical 3D printing facility up and running we can supply the following:
AM250 metal additive manufacturing system
- Complex component production in a range of metals -geometry is not constrained by traditional manufacturing design rules
- Light weighting - optimum use of material only where it is needed.
- Efficient material usage - minimal waste compared to subtractive machining.
- Rapid design iterations right up to manufacture.
- Class leading inert atmosphere generation.
- Low gas consumption.
- Open parameters.
- Brochure: Additive manufacturing systems - 3D printing for healthcare
- Brochure: Metal additive manufacturing
- Case study: Pioneering additive manufacturing reshapes patient's face
- Case study: The full digitisation of removable partial dentures (RPDs)
- Case study: Digital evolution of cranial surgery
- Case study: Mission to Nepal - surgical education and innovation in remote regions
- Case study: 3D modelling and printing - saving theatre time and providing excellent patient outcome
- Instructions for use: CoCr DG1
- Safety data sheet: Titanium RM1 - EU and US
- Safety data sheet: Titanium DG1 - US
- Safety data sheet: Titanium MG1 - EU and US
- Safety data sheet: Cobalt chrome - DG1 dental powder - EU
- Safety data sheet: Cobalt chrome - DG1 dental powder - USA
- Safety data sheet: Cobalt chrome - RM1 dental powder - EU
- Questionnaire: Craniomaxillofacial evaluation questionnaire
- Flyer: LaserImplant™ - case timeline (UK only)
All brand names and product names used on this website are trade names, services marks, trade marks or registered trade marks of their respective owners
All products may not be available in all territories, contact your sales representative for further information