Ultra-high accuracy rotary (angle) encoder systems
Precision rotary axes often require very high accuracy without calibration or error-map. Available in both TONiC™ and SiGNUM™ formats, Renishaw's ultra-high accuracy angle encoder solutions are perfect for such demanding applications.
Featuring accuracy to ±1 arc second!
Precision rotary axes often require very high accuracy without calibration or error-map. Available in both TONiC™ and SiGNUM™ formats. Renishaw's new ultra-high accuracy angle encoder solutions are perfect for such demanding applications.
DSi (Dual Signal interface)
Now available for use with both TONiC and SiGNUM encoders. DSi combines the incremental signals from two SR readheads on a RESM ring to offer total installed accuracy of typically ±2.0 arc second (Ø209 mm RESM ring).
- DSi compensates for the effect of bearing wander and odd error harmonics by blending the signals from two TONiC or SiGNUM readheads
- Angularly repeatable propoZ™ reference position is unaffected by bearing wander or power cycling
- The propoZ™ reference position is customer selected by driving the axis to the desired position and simply pressing a button on the DSi
- DSi makes adding a second readhead easy - the combined outputs simply appear to the controller as a single very high accuracy encoder
- The DSi adds further performance to the dynamic advantages of the RESM ring and all of the benefits of the TONiC encoder and SiGNUM encoder systems
- DSi now has an option to work on partial-arc axes. Contact your local representative for more details
The REXM ultra-high accuracy ring
The DSi combined with the new ultra-high accuracy REXM ring offers new levels of angular metrology…
- When REXM is used with DSi it offers better than ±1 arc second total installed accuracy
- Non-contact system locks to the rotor to eliminate 'reversal errors' and coupling losses
- The REXM ring features a thick cross-section to minimise all installation errors except eccentricity
- Eccentricity is eliminated using the DSi which means that the only errors remaining are graduation and SDE, both of which are exceedingly small
- REXM and DSi add to dynamic performance advantages of TONiC and SiGNUM RESM angle encoder systems
- Very low SDE and jitter, for finer positional stability and smoother velocity control.