NOTE: Ensure locking lever is in fully locked position before taking gauging points.
To change the orientation of the probe:
- Unlock the head by turning the lock lever to the fully anti-clockwise position
- Grip the body of the probe (avoid touching the stylus or stylus module) and rotate the B-axis until the desired angle indication on the scale is adjacent to the B-axis reference mark, increments are in 15°
- Rotate the A-axis until the desired angle indication on the scale is at the A-axis reference position, increments are in 15°
- Lock the head by turning the lock lever to the fully clockwise position
- Qualify the stylus tip(s) according to the CMM supplier's instructions
- Change the orientation of the probe to the next desired position and qualify the stylus tip(s)
- Repeat the qualification process for all desired orientations and stylus tips
- Commence gauging, ensuring that the correct qualification data is recalled for each head position
- Periodic re-qualification should be performed according to the following considerations:
CMM supplier's recommendations, particularly in respect of temperature changes.
- At the start of the working day or shift
- After an accidental collision
- After changing any measuring system component (except a pre-qualified TP20 module)
- If the initial state is unknown or uncertain