Renishaw encoders drive improvements in the performance of direct-drive motors
Haozhi Mechanical and Electrical (Haozhi), based in China, is an industry leader in direct-drive technology for machine tool and robotics applications.
Direct-drive (DD) motors are electric motors that directly transmit power to the application without the use of mechanical reduction elements such as gears, pulleys, chains or belts.
DD technology for linear motors and rotary tables has matured in recent years. It has significantly improved the overall performance of machine tools, which has enabled corresponding improvements in the quality, speed and efficiency of production machining. These benefits help manufacturers to reduce machining times and to drive down costs.
Haozhi builds direct-drive rotary (DDR) tables and linear motors with integrated high-performance optical encoder systems from Renishaw, which give Haozhi products a substantial competitive advantage.
- Case study: Renishaw encoders drive improvements in the performance of direct-drive motors [510kB]
- Case study: Renishaw encoders drive improvements in the performance of direct-drive motors [105kB]
- Haozhi’s direct-drive rotary tables are fitted with RESOLUTE series absolute encoders to enhance motion control accuracy [735kB]
- Haozhi employs Renishaw’s XL-80 interferometer and XR20-W rotary axis calibrator for inspection of its linear motors [778kB]
- Haozhi’s motor assembly line [836kB]
For further images, videos, company biographies or information on Renishaw and its products, visit our Media Hub.