Fitting a TP20 probe onto a probe head
- By hand, screw the threaded end of the probe body into the M8 bush of the probe head and hand-tighten to secure.
- Fit the S1 ‘C' spanner (supplied) onto the probe body as shown below.
- Using the S1 ‘C' spanner, fully hand-tighten the probe body into the M8 bush (0.3 Nm - 0.5 Nm).
Fitting a stylus onto a probe module
NOTE: For advice on both stylus and probe module selection, refer to the applications guide.
- Ensuring that you have selected the correct probe module for your given application (see probe module selection), screw the threaded end of your chosen stylus into the M2 stylus mount of the probe module and hand-tighten to secure.
- Using the type S7 stylus tools provided, or type S20 spanner if fi tting a stylus from the Renishaw GF range, fully hand-tighten the stylus into the stylus mount to achieve the recommended tightening torque of between 0.05 Nm and 0.15 Nm (maximum permissible torque is 0.3 Nm).
Fitting a probe module and stylus onto a probe body
- Visually examine the mating faces of both the probe module and the probe head for cleanliness. Where necessary, clean the mating surfaces using the CK200 cleaning kit (supplied).
- Offer up the probe module to the probe body and, ensuring the three alignment marks on both the probe module and probe body are correctly aligned, allow the probe module to engage the probe body under magnetic force.