Installation of the UCC2 and UCC2-2 components
Installation of daughtercards
WARNING: It is essential that full anti-static precautions are taken before working within the UCC2 controller enclosure.
To install a daughtercard please refer to the daughtercard installation guide (Renishaw part number H-1000-5220).
Connecting UCC2 cables to and from CMM
- Attach all CMM cable connectors to the mating sockets on the UCC2
- Secure all cable connectors with the connector jacking screws to ensure physical and electrical connection
- Secure all cables for strain relief without reducing access for servicing
Connecting the UCC2 mains supply
This installation must be undertaken by suitably experienced and / or qualified personnel.
The UCC2 contains no user serviceable fuses. It is protected internally from inadvertent current overload by self resetting fuses.
There is no internal fuse on the mains supply of the UCC2. The installer must provide suitable protection. The recommended fuse is a 5 A type T (anti-surge) to IEC60127/UL248-14, rated to at least 250 V with a high breaking capacity. Its installation must meet the requirements of IEC61010 and any applicable national wiring regulations for the country of installation.
The UCC2 is isolated from ac power by disconnection of the IEC mains connector on the rear panel. If any additional means of isolation is required, it must be specified and fitted by the machine manufacturer or the installer of the product. The isolator must comply with IEC61010 and any applicable national wiring regulations for the country of installation.
The use of suitable RCD (residual current device), for automatic disconnection in the event of insulation failure is recommended. This should be sited within easy reach of the CMM operator and must meet the requirements of IEC61010 and any applicable national wiring regulations for the country of installation.
Mounting in a 19 inch rack
For the UCC2 to be fitted into a 19 inch enclosure the rack mounting kit (Renishaw part number A-5121-0006) is required.
NOTE: The screws supplied with this kit are M5 × 6 mm countersink type. DO NOT replace with longer screws as damage could occur.
The following procedure is recommended to fit the rack mounting brackets to the UCC2:
- Position the UCC2 on a firm flat surface, with either the left or right hand side of the unit placed on the surface and the front of the unit facing towards you.
- Remove the blanking plugs from the side of the unit, there are two of these located about 15 mm from the front lip on the enclosure and about 15 mm from the top and bottom of the enclosure.
- Remove the rack mounting kit from its packaging and place one of the countersunk screws supplied in the kit through one of the rack mounting brackets supplied.
- Align this screw and mounting bracket assembly to the fixing holes in the side of the UCC2 enclosure, so that the rack mounting flange is flush with the front of the unit, and engage the screw into the mating thread. Do not tighten at this point.
- Align the other fixing location in the rack mounting bracket with the fixing hole in the side of the UCC2, and engage the other countersunk screw into the mating thread.
- Tighten both countersunk screws to ensure a secure fixing.
- Rotate the UCC2 such that the other side of the enclosure can be accessed and then repeat steps 2 to 6.