Machine calibration and optimisation news
Renishaw's latest calibration product news, case stories and technical articles, allowing manufacturing industry to control machine performance and achieve substantial cost savings.
Renishaw unveils the new XM-60 multi-axis calibrator
Renishaw, the world-leading metrology specialist, will exhibit its new XM-60 multi-axis calibrator at IMTS 2016, Chicago, USA and AMB 2016, Stuttgart, Germany. The XM-60 is capable of measuring all six degrees of freedom from a single set-up, in any orientation for linear axes. It offers significant improvement in simplicity and time saving over conventional laser measurement techniques.
Jingdiao's refusal to compromise on quality sees its business take off
Beijing Jingdiao Company Ltd has collaborated with Renishaw as its business has continued to grow over the years, with the two companies working together to open up new pathways to innovation and deliver superior quality.
KMTC promotes the quality standards of Chinese 5-axis CNC machine tools
Kunming Machine Tool Company Ltd, China, (KMTC) has developed a variety of ‘China’s first’ high performance machine tools, leading the development of machinery and the machine tool industry in China. As a market leader in metrology, Renishaw has provided KMTC with advanced solutions in machine calibration and performance evaluation, including XL-80 laser interferometer, QC20-W telescoping ballbar system, XR20-W rotary axis calibrator and AxiSet™ Check-Up.
Better accuracy enables Godrej to redefine quality norms and help reduce costs
Accuracy and on time delivery of projects are key requirements for the tooling industry. Godrej Tooling Division (Godrej) relies on Renishaw solutions to save time, money, reduce scrap and achieve a high level of accuracy.
Laser calibration at the speed of light
The word “laser” implies “light speed” for the casual listener, but witnessing a bi-directional laser calibration run on just one linear axis of a CNC mill conjures up a completely different image – that of something less than the speed of light. However, a technique that takes advantage of a feature in Renishaw's XL-80 laser interferometer reduces settling time to just 250 milliseconds after each incremental axis move, cutting calibration times by 85-95 percent. In addition to reducing downtime
- Renishaw unveils the new XM-60 multi-axis calibrator
- Laser calibration at the speed of light
- New software extends QC20-W ballbar capability for time based data capture
- XL-80 laser functionality extended to perform diagonal tests
- Renishaw launches new CARTO software solution for calibration systems
- Laser calibration data analysis software brings new levels of functionality and flexibility
- New developments in understanding rotary axes performance
- Worldwide success for new rotary axis calibrator
- New system greatly extends flexibility and ease for rotary axis calibration
- Upgraded machine tool performance monitoring device receives worldwide acclaim
- Renishaw supports new US HTEC centre with performance testing tool
- Free performance analysis software for existing ballbar users
- Wireless ballbar offers volumetric testing
- Automated health check for multi-axis machine tools
- Free upgrade of Ballbar5 software
- Upgrades for HP5528 and HP5529 users
- XL-80 laser calibration