Machine calibration and optimisation news
Renishaw's latest calibration product news, case stories and technical articles, allowing manufacturing industry to control machine performance and achieve substantial cost savings.
Advanced ballbar training achieves "better than new" machine tool accuracy
Ballbar testing is nothing new to those who use fleets of machine tools, including people like Wayne Ross and Jacob Hebbeler of Silfex Inc based at Eaton, Ohio. Both have used ballbar analysis to maintain and enhance the accuracy of the plant’s 50+ machines for more than a decade. But, it turns out that experienced ballbar users can still learn a few new tricks that can be transformational to a business.
Laser calibration data analysis software brings new levels of functionality and flexibility
Renishaw’s laser calibration offering has been significantly enhanced with the release of ‘XCal-View’ software, an all new laser data analysis package for use with data captured from the highly successful XL-80 and ML10 laser calibration systems and XR20-W rotary axis calibrator.
Critical oil and gas production components rely on metrology systems
For companies operating in the oil and gas equipment-manufacturing sector, recordkeeping and traceability are vital. As part of its company-wide quality protocol, FMC Technologies in Dunfermline, Scotland invests continually in a preventive maintenance programme that employs Renishaw machine tool probes and calibration products to check and verify the dimensional accuracy of its CNC machine tools.
New developments in understanding rotary axes performance
Renishaw has further extended its solutions for checking the alignment and positioning performance of machine tool rotary axes with the launch of new off axis rotary software for its XR20-W rotary axis calibrator.
Pump manufacturer extends the life of their machine tools and reduces downtime by 10%
The Renishaw QC20-W ballbar system is widely recognised as a preventative maintenance tool for new and installed machines. Aquasub Engineering (Coimbatore, India), part of the Aqua Group, one of the largest pump manufacturing companies in Asia, is using QC20-W ballbar to reduce maintenance costs, increase capacity and reduce scrappage.
- Silfex Inc case study
- FMC Technologies case study
- Laser calibration data analysis software brings new levels of functionality and flexibility
- New developments in understanding rotary axes performance
- Aquasub Engineering case study
- Worldwide success for new rotary axis calibrator
- Spirax Sarco UK case study
- Nemcomed case study
- New system greatly extends flexibility and ease for rotary axis calibration
- Upgraded machine tool performance monitoring device receives worldwide acclaim
- Wigmore CNC case study
- Renishaw supports new US HTEC centre with performance testing tool
- Free performance analysis software for existing ballbar users
- Wireless QC20-W ballbar loses cable and gains support
- Wireless ballbar offers volumetric testing
- Automated health check for multi-axis machine tools
- Free upgrade of Ballbar5 software
- Upgrades for HP5528 and HP5529 users
- Spinner case study
- Inca Digital Printers case study
- Geo Tec Messtechnik case study
- XL-80 laser calibration
- Rockwell Automation case study
- Dynamate AB case study
- PTV, spol s.r.o. case study
- TJW case study
- HAAS Automation case study
- Inca printer calibration
- Binns & Berry case study
- Murrall & Lang case study