SPA3 system overview
SPA3 is a servo power amplifier with enhancements for higher power and category 2 E-STOP.
SPA3 can be used with UCC2, UCC2-2, UCC T3-2, UCC T3 PLUS, UCC S3, UCC T5 and UCC S5 and have different connection requirements.
The high power capability combined with a compact form enables use of the SPA3 across a wide range of machines.
The SPA3 CMM amplifier has the capability of:
- Powering three axes of a CMM
- Accepting input signals from air pressure, crash detection and all axis inner and outer travel limit switches (not connected when used with UCC2 / UCC2-2)
- Accepting two uncommitted general purpose input signals and generating one uncommitted general purpose output signal (not connected when used with UCC2 / UCC2-2)
- Directly supporting the TP1, TP2, TP6 and TP20 touch-trigger probes (not connected when used with UCC2 / UCC2-2)
- Providing a +24 V supply for use by the CMM switches (not connected when used with UCC2 / UCC2-2)
- The SPA3 supports the MCUlite-2 joystick, it can also support the MCU5, MCU5-2, MCU W and MCU W-2 (not connected when used with UCC2 / UCC2-2)
- Providing power output of up to 800 W continuous and 960 W for up to 1 second
- Setting the voltage of each axis is independent allowing differing motor voltages to be used without damage
- Supporting dc motors in the range 12 V to 80 V and currents up to 10 A
- Supporting encoder / tacho or linear encoders (torque mode) for velocity feedback
- Simulating linear power amplifier - drive outputs are free from switching edges eliminating noise from drive PWM, improving repeatability and reducing emissions
- Providing category 2 E-STOP