Manually mounting / removing styli from stylus holders
To manually mount or remove the stylus from a stylus holder:
- The stylus holder must be removed from the module before mounting / removing a stylus.
- Always stay within the recommended stylus capability range (see RSP3 stylus carrying capability guidelines).
- Avoid touching the joint face on the stylus holder, as it may become dirty or contaminated.
- Always use the correct stylus tools to tighten the threaded joints between the stylus and the stylus holder, thus avoiding excess torque (causing the tool to bend).
- To remove a stylus, reverse the above procedure.
NOTE: If a spare stylus removal tool is needed please order Renishaw part A-5000-7835 (the set comprises two S7 stylus tools in a plastic box).