Fittting SPA2-2 into a 19" rack
The SPA2-2 can be used as a stand alone unit or installed into a 19” rack system.
The dimensions of the SPA2-2 unit are:
- Width: 440 mm
- Height: 135 mm
- Depth: 330 mm
Four self-adhesive rubber feet are supplied with the unit for stand-alone use
Mounting in a 19 in rack
To permit the SPA2-2 to be fitted into a 19 in enclosure, a 3U rack mounting kit (A-1333-0029) is required.
NOTE: The screws supplied with this kit are M5 × 6 mm countersink type. DO NOT replace with longer screws as damage could occur.
The following procedure is recommended to fit the rack mounting brackets to the SPA2-2:
- Position the SPA2-2 on a firm flat surface, with either the left or right hand side of the unit placed on the surface and the front of the unit facing towards you.
- Remove the blanking plugs from the side of the unit, there are two of these located top and bottom of the enclosure about 15mm from the front lip.
- Remove the 3U rack mounting kit from its packaging and place one of the countersunk screws supplied through one of the rack mounting brackets.
- Align this screw and mounting bracket assembly to the fixing holes in the side of the SPA2-2 enclosure and fit the screw. Do not tighten at this point.
- Align the other fixing hole in the rack mounting bracket with the fixing hole in the side of the SPA2-2, and fit the other countersunk screw.
- Tighten both screws to ensure a secure fixing.
- Rotate the SPA2-2 such that the other side of the enclosure can be accessed and then repeat steps 2 to 6.