General wiring standards
To achieve reliable operation of the UCC T5 and the CMM's host computer, the following points should be observed:
- All signal cables MUST be screened and all cable screens must be connected electrically to the metal shells of the cable connectors
- It is recommended that cable screens should only be connected to the protective earth (via the connector shell) of the UCC T5 and SPA3
- To avoid earth loops, cable screens should not be directly attached to the CMM's protective earth
- The protective grounding must be continuous between the controller and all other equipment in the installation
- All cable connectors should be secured to the UCC T5 and SPA3 by the connector jack screws
NOTE: The UCC T5 and SPA3 electronic zero volt rails are connected to their respective ground planes at star points within the UCC T5, the SPA3 and also to the protective ground of the ac supply.