Guidelines for PHS1 PC card installation
CAUTION:The probe interface card is subject to damage by static discharge. It is therefore recommended that:
- The use of an anti-static wristband, connected to a suitable earth point, is employed whenever the card is handled.
- Movement, which can generate static electricity, is kept to a minimum.
NOTE: Ensure there is adequate I/O memory available for the PC card installation.
The following instructions are of a general nature. For specific information / instructions on how PC interface cards should be installed into your system, refer to the user / technical reference manual supplied with the computer.
- Disconnect the power supply to the PC.
- Remove the external covers of the PC in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Locate a vacant dual connector 16-bit ISA bus slot into which the card can be fitted.
- Observing anti-static precautions, carefully slot the card into place (following all manufacturer's instructions). Ensure that no part of the card is in contact with other expansion cards within your PC.
- Screw the mounting bracket of the card to the back panel rail of your PC.
- Make a final check of the installation.
- Replace the external covers of the PC.
- Reconnect the power supply to your PC.
NOTE:In some cases the PC card is fitted directly into the CMM controller. In this case, refer to the CMM manufacturers instructions.