An apprenticeship at Renishaw is a pathway to excellent career opportunities with a highly respected, world-leading precision technology business.
We offer a wide-range of apprenticeship schemes in engineering, digital, commercial and construction areas
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a job with learning, and will provide you with hands-on experience, professional skills, and nationally recognised qualifications through education, training and work-based placements. Renishaw apprenticeships are full-time, permanent jobs that give you formal training alongside work placements. You get to work towards qualifications at the same time as learning about the different areas of the business.
Each work-based placement is designed to complement your skills and experience whilst ensuring you are given a rigorous foundation in all areas of the specific scheme. These placements are in real jobs where you are providing value to the organisation at the same time as having your skills and experience challenged.
Placements complement the education and skills training you do as part of your apprenticeship and you will learn and develop knowledge, skills and behaviours that will lead to you being competent in a particular job role or sector.
As a Renishaw apprentice, you will benefit from 50 years of experience and commitment in training and developing our people as part of an award-winning scheme. You will get the opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues, and take part in exciting and challenging placements, working on real-life projects and products that will help to shape our world in the decades to come and touch billions of lives.
What can I expect from the apprentice scheme?
You will be supported by a team of specialists from both Renishaw and our various learning providers, to ensure you are able achieve the requirements of your programme to the best of your individual ability. We offer a range of apprenticeship schemes across different disciplines and at different levels. Our apprenticeships range from Level 2 (the equivalent of 5 GCSEs) to Level 6 (Degree Apprenticeships).
At the end of the scheme, you will transfer into a role within the business, which will allow you to apply everything you have learnt as you start your career. There is also the opportunity for further progression, subject to internal application processes. The length of the scheme is determined by the apprenticeship – some last 18 months, some are 5 and a half years for degree level apprenticeships. You will find specific information about the length, location and entry requirements in each job description below.
The 2023 Apprentice opportunities we have available are listed here - click the blue link next to the scheme name to view the advert.
- Level 2 Building Maintenance Apprentice - Gloucestershire we have now closed applications for this scheme
- Level 2 Building Maintenance Apprentice - South Wales we have now closed applications for this scheme
- Level 3 Commercial Apprentice - Gloucestershire here
- Level 3 Manufacturing Apprentice - Gloucestershire here
- Level 3 Manufacturing Apprentice - South Wales here
- Level 3 IT Support Technician Apprentice - Gloucestershire here
- Level 3 Surveying Technician Apprentice - Gloucestershire we have now closed applications for this scheme
- Level 3 Apprentice Electrician - Gloucestershire we have now closed applications for this scheme
- Level 3 Apprentice Electrician - South Wales we have now closed applications for this scheme
- Level 4 Field Service Engineer Apprentice - South Wales here
- Level 4 Apprentice Software Tester - Gloucestershire here
- Level 6 Manufacturing Engineer Apprentice - Gloucestershire we have now closed applications for this scheme
- Level 6 Manufacturing Engineer Apprentice - South Wales we have now closed applications for this scheme
- Level 6 Manufacturing Electronics Test Engineer Apprentice - Gloucestershire here
- Level 6 Embedded Electronic Engineer Apprentice - Gloucestershire here
- Level 6 Software Engineer Apprentice - Gloucestershire we have now closed applications for this scheme
Applications for Apprenticeships are now open and will close on at midnight on Sunday 12th February 2023. Please note, we will close adverts early if we receive a large number of applications, so we would recommend you make applications as soon as possible.
- Please apply with a CV and covering letter which details why you want to undertake an apprenticeship with Renishaw.
- Selection will be made via interview or assessment centre. Most will be held at our New Mills or Miskin sites.
- Assessment centres include site tours, group exercises, individual interviews, and a chance to meet our current apprentices.
- The Level 3 Manufacturing Apprentice scheme has an additional step of an online assessment.
We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds with different skills and experience. We therefore offer a range of schemes and the opportunity to join us at different educational levels, starting with Level 2 apprenticeships (post-GCSE) through to Level 6 degree apprenticeships (post-A Level).
For further information and questions, please contact AGPCareers@renishaw.com
Renishaw careers evening
Come and join us at our information event for school leavers to find out more about our apprenticeships, placements and graduate programmes:
Thursday 9th of February 2023: 18:30 - 19:30 MS Teams.