Axis slip parameters
Default parameters:In the .ini file under [ServoConfiguration]
SlipCheckDuration = 0.4
SlipDistancePercentage = 0.2
MaximumMoveSpeedSlipPercentage = 0.05
We have an AXIS SLIP if:
- The axis has not moved by at least 20 % (0.2 - SlipDistancePercentage) of the estimated distance expected within a pre-defined time (0.4 - SlipCheckDuration). This will only be checked for speeds higher than 5 % (MaximumMoveSpeedSlipPercentage) of the maximum speed.
To switch off AXIS SLIP set the MaximumMoveSpeedSlipPercentage to 1.
- Axis slip is checked for speeds higher than the maximum speed (which does not happen)
- The D to A increases but does not wait until it is in OVERDRIVE (generally 20 % higher than the maximum speed)
- Contrary to the OVERDRIVE which disengages the motors, the axis slip leaves them engaged but goes through a FAST STOP and a BACK OFF (when an axis slip occurs)
- Axis slip is useful when a machine is pushing against something and cannot move. However, when a machine has inherently high STICTION, it becomes a problem