Manual brake override
To enable the MCU "Brake override option" the following must be performed:
- The CMM must be disengaged.
- The MCU must be in "Auto Mode" (disabling the joystick will put the MCU into "Auto Mode").
- Press one of the "Axis Lock" buttons. The MCU will beep periodically and dispaly the message "Brake override?".
- When the "Joystick enable" button is pressed, the brake will be released. The brake will remain released as long as the "Joystick enable" button is pressed.
- When the "Joystick enable" button is released the brake will be re-applied and the brake override function will be cancelled.
NOTE: As the CMM must be disengaged for this option, there is a possibility that the quill will drop after brake is released. Caution should be observed whilst using this function.
UCCsuite version 4.5 and afterwards.